Prof. Dr Christian Grothoff Customer-friendly payments on the Internet with free software
Pay online quickly and securely, without completing forms, without accounts and passwords, and without sacrificing data protection – how can that be possible? By combining the decentralized identity management system re:claimID with GNU Taler, it is possible to obtain certified customer data and to process a one click payment process securely and without a login.
Your added value in terms of trade
SwissID and other technologies for establishing customers’ identities and payment solutions such as Twint and Libra are politically controversial topics that are of central importance to Swiss online platforms. But there are systems that comply with data protection laws which would be more customer-friendly and cost-effective. My talk will explain how these alternatives work.
Details on the speaker
Christian Grothoff is Professor of Computer Science at the Bern University of Applied Sciences.
- 2000-2006: Doctorate (UCLA)
- 2006-2009: Assistant Professor at the University of Denver
- 2009-2014: Head of Emmy Noether Junior Research Group, TU Munich
- 2014-2017: Head of Inria Rennes Research Group
- since 2017: Professor (Bern University of Applied Sciences)
Sponsor: Bern University of Applied Sciences (BFH)